APPLICATION DEADLINE: CLOSED
DURATION: APPROX. ONE WEEK (WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND) – THIS IS A PAID POSITION
TIMELINE: LATE SEPTEMBER
LOCATION: TORONTO, ON
The Wardrobe Assistant Participant combines a love of fashion and design with film and television. Whether it’s a feature film, drama, reality show, or awards presentation, wardrobe tells the visual story of any production.
Working under The Legacy Awards Head of Wardrobe, this Participant will receive valuable training in areas such as design, buying, fitting and preparation of wardrobe for camera. They will learn and/or sharpen existing design and technical skills including drafting, sewing and crafting. The Participant will develop interpersonal skills as they interact with talent and other valuable members of the Wardrobe and Production team.
At the end of the Program, the Wardrobe Assistant Participant will have made valuable contacts, expanded their portfolio and added a minimum of one (1) television production credit to their resume.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Source, prep and fit wardrobe selections
- Returns and expense reporting
- On set wardrobe maintenance
- Some sewing/alteration
- Other duties as required/directed
- Identify as Black
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- Ontario Resident
- 19 years old or older
- A passion for fashion and design with some experience in the sector
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Ability to function effectively in an atmosphere subject to frequent changes and produce results
- High School Diploma
HOW TO APPLY:
- Email your Resume, Cover Letter and Contact Info for two (2) references to BlackAcademySkills@insighttv.com or use the button below
- Please include “Skills – Wardrobe Assistant” in the subject line of your email.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
For questions, please contact: BlackAcademySkills@insighttv.com